Meet Deborah Leary OBE
Deborah Leary, OBE, DUniv, FRSA
CEO, Forensic Pathways Ltd
Twitter: @DeborahLeary @forensicpathway @threatintl
Deborah is CEO and Founder of Forensic Pathways specialising in the development of innovative technologies for the criminal and threat intelligence arena. In addition to the development of innovative forensic technology, Forensic Pathways adopts a forensic approach to threat intelligence, through its www.clarifyi.com brand. Clarifyi identifies compromised data that is on the dark web for a range of UK and international businesses. It monitors social media channels to track what customers, clients, employees and the industry at large is discussing about a company online. Such sentiment analysis is essential when managing an organisations brand reputation. This sits alongside its Background Investigation services.
The Company has won many awards for innovation and business; in 2017 it was appointed as an Export Champion for the UK Department for International Trade. 2019 it was voted one of the top 50 innovation companies in its region for its Dark Search Engine technology. In August 2018 Forensic Pathways was also presented with a Board of Trade Award by the Secretary of State for International Trade.
Deborah is an international motivational speaker and consultant on entrepreneurship and innovation, international trade and corporate social responsibility. She has an Honorary Doctorate: Birmingham City University, Order of the British Empire (OBE), and has been awarded international Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, European Woman of Achievement and British Female Inventor of the Year.
Deborah holds several Board positions:
- Senior VP of Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
- Director – United Nations Global Compact UK Network
- Executive Board of the Greater Birmingham Commonwealth Chamber of Commerce
- Business Board – All Parliamentary Party Working Group on Women & Enterprise
- Advisory Group – West Midlands Cyber Resilience Centre
- Advisory Board – Social Sciences and Business School, Birmingham City University
- Advisor to Funnywomen.com